✨ We believe that young people have the power to bring about change. That’s why we’re looking for 60 of the world’s most inspired, dedicated, and action-oriented young leaders to join the Global Youth Engagement Forum 2021: Lives after Covid-19.✨
About the Forum
The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has been affecting many families and causing several losses for the economy in all nations. Our community has been through unprecedentedly challenging times, and young people are among those called to take prompt action to protect the lives of older adults and other disadvantaged groups. While young generations suffer from much of the long-term economic and social effects of the crisis, short-term economic and equity concerns might pose a serious threat to their well-being. Thus, the need for more collaboration and idea exchange among youth leaders is extremely essential for a more effective engagement in the new normal stage.
The Global Youth Engagement Forum 2021 is hosted by the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union of University of Social Sciences and Humanities – VNU-HCMC and the International Exchange Club (IEC).
The goal of the forum is to serve as a platform for youth in all countries to voice out their opinions and highlight different life experiences, including their feelings, perceptions and innovative initiatives in response to this pandemic. From that exchange, we can proactively acknowledge the impact of current changes in restructuring policies, systems, workflows, and communities affected by COVID-19. The organizing committee cordially invites young leaders and students from different sectors, which consist of education, politics, culture, health science, environment, technology and communication, and environment, to participate in the virtual forum in order to put forward perspectives which can be used as crucial guidelines for the youth in the future.
Goals of the forum:
- To raise the awareness, readiness and connection among youth leaders about the global crisis.
- To exchange personal experiences, thoughts and national viewpoints on the recovery and response to the pandemic.
- To initiate and suggest new initiatives for the young generation to better engage in the local, regional and global communities.
Details of the event:
Themes: How COVID-19 changed lives and what are lessons learned from it?
- Mental health
- Technology & Communication
📅 Date & Time: 8.00 – 11.30 on Sunday, January 24th 2021 (Hanoi, GMT+7)
📱 Platform: Google Meet
🏫 Venue: University of Social Sciences and Humanities, VNU-HCM. Address: 10-12 Dinh Tien Hoang Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
📍Registration form: https://bit.ly/delegates-form
⚡Deadline for applications: 11.59 PM January 14th 2021 (Hanoi, GMT+7)
- 60 participants from all colleges and universities around the world
- Enrolling as a student of tertiary education institution taking diploma or undergraduate studies (or equivalent level) from any disciplines at education institutions in the world when the program takes place.
- Between 18 and 25 years of age when the program takes place
- English proficiency in verbal and written aspects.
- Being able to demonstrate clear experiences and perspectives for specific themes by a short paragraph in the registration link (250-350 words).
- Committing to submit a paper (500 – 1000 words) expressing personal/group thoughts about the topic discussed after 2 weeks of the forum
Why you should join the Global Youth Engagement Forum 2021:
- Sharing and exchange ideas
- Elevate and expand your network
- Grow as a leader
- Speak up your voice in a specific topic
- Have fun!
Please click http://bit.ly/GYEF2021-Booklet for further details.